Wednesday, September 30, 2009

A little anxious

This post has nothing to do with ultimate.

Tomorrow I'm giving a presentation at my lab group meeting. I think it's accurate to say that a lot of my experiments in the last 6 months have been unsuccessful in terms of not getting positive results. I suppose negative results are still results but it still makes me sad.

Right after my presentation I'm hopping on a Bolt Bus with two other bridesmaids to go to NYC, then taking the LIRR to Long Island to meet up with the bride. On Friday she wants the bridal party go get manicures and pedicures. Later that night will be the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner and then we'll sleep early because...

On Saturday we're supposed to wake up at 3:45am to get our hair and make-up done in time for 9am pictures and 11:30am ceremony. Then we'll sing (well, I'll sing), dance, eat, take more pictures, and then I'm taking the train back to Manhattan to crash for the night.

Weddings are so much work. The bride made a very detailed schedule with everyone's roles and responsibilities (11 pages long!) So much time and preparation and money goes into just one day, albeit an important day.