Friday, June 4, 2010

What are you thinking?!

So yesterday Bryan and I went to Cambridge City Hall to ask about marriage licenses and how to get them. We walked up to the counter and Bryan says:

B: "How do we go about getting a marriage certificate... marriage license... Uh, how do we get married?"
City Hall Clerk (CHC): "What?! Why?! Are you crazy?!"
B: "Uhhh..."
CHC: "Why would you want to do that?! Did she put you up to this?" (pointing to me)
B: "Uhhh..."
K: "Whatever, he's the Canadian."

ha ha... very funny. =P

Anyway, so what we need to do is fill out an intention form ($35) and it's valid for 60 days (i.e. you fill out the form <60 days before you get married). The intention form asks for your names, addresses, occupations, SSNs, parents' names and occupations. And then the form is ready 3 days after you actually get married. We don't even have to show ID. =P