Monday, June 28, 2010

Boston Invite Day 2

Round 1 on Sunday we played WTF (Women's Team Frisbee, a bunch of ex-Ambush players and current college players). We came out really hard and won easily 15-1. Agnes was on WTF and she caught their score!! I'm so proud of her :)

Second round we played Mystik. We learned some clam during this game which was a lot of fun. There was one point where we had two people playing the same position, leaving the entire break side of the field wiiiiide open. It was really confusing for everyone including the sideline because we didn't know what was going on. I don't remember if we won or lost that point but lesson learned: make sure everyone has a different position. Don't remember what the score was but we played really well and won.

Third round was against Hearstmeadow, a combination of Amherst and Longmeadow (thanks Darlene!) High Schools. There were several junior worlds players and some really amazing frisbee players in general and it was a really FUN game. I spent a lot of my points covering this handler who was super fast and squirrely and it was really fun (and tiring) to cover her. Michelle told me afterwards that she's never seen me play defense so hard. Haha. Aside from a break on their end, we traded points during the first half and many of the points didn't have turnovers. The points that did have turns had a LOT of them.

I accidentally broke Doris this game by throwing her a huck that she had to lay out for. She did something to her elbow (hyper-extended it again? it's been a recurring injury), but she caught the it! And several points later I was throwing to her while she made an in-cut, but my flick popped up which went over both her and her D's heads and then Doris spun around to catch it anyway. Good job Doris and soorrryyyy... I was just trying to make you look good :)

This was Saturday afternoon when Doris' back was hurting and I was trying to massage her with my feet. And my entire body weight.


But it just looks like I killed Doris and I'm asian squatting on her dead body.

After BI the returners stuck around to discuss the tryouts and make cuts. Oh man that was the hardest decision(s) ever. We initially limited the meeting to an hour but it took almost an hour and a half. It would've been easy if there were some people that sucked, but everyone played really really well and we wanted to take everyone but we couldn't. Everyone should be proud with their play this weekend. :) And congratulations to our new and improved Hatch roster. version 3. :D