Friday, November 27, 2009

Turkey Run!

On Thursday morning a bunch of us went to Davis Square to participate in the Gobble x 3 Turkey Run! It was 4 miles around Davis Square. This is Keith, Rich Wong (this turkey run was his idea in the first place =P ) and Bryan.


I had been feeling sick since last Wednesday but I figured I'd give it a try since Bryan had already paid my registration fee. =P



It turned out to be really fun. I don't remember the last time I ran 4 miles... I think it was senior year of Northwestern when the frisbee team went on a "conditioning run." Now that I think about it, I think that's the only other time I ran 4 miles =P

Anyway, I ran the whole thing with Bryan. Keith, Rich Wong, Charles, John Joo, Clare, and Anna had run up ahead and were way ahead of us. After the third mile, we passed Charles who was walking because his knee was hurting. And then towards the end of it, Bryan was like, "let's sprint to the finish line!" and I was like, "noooo" and he says, "It'll be like a track workout!" Gah, that doesn't make me want to sprint to the finish line =P Anyway, he ran off, so I sprinted after him for the last 400. Right when I cross the finish line, this random guy came up to me and said, "Are you under 18?!?!" And I shake my head because I still didn't have the breath to say anything. And he was like, "What? Really?" And I just give him this exasperated look and walked away to find the rest of the people. What the heck was that?

Clare and Anna on the T ride back to Central:


Afterwards we go back to Antrim to prepare for our thanksgiving feast. Charles had prepared a 30-lb turkey, we also made cranberry relish, green beans (omg my favorite!!!), mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole, stuffing, gravy, pumpkin pie, and pecan pie. Rich Wong made bacon wrapped shrimp and stuffed mushroom caps. Everyone drew hand turkeys and wrote what they were thankful for on the fingers. I was thankful for Bryan, puppies, pandas, green beans, and my friends :D Bryan was thankful for me, Arnold Schwarzenegger, crayons, and 30-lb turkeys. Eugene is thankful for ninjas, santas, robots, and monsters. =P

More thanksgiving stories to come :)

Happy Turkey Day everyone!!!