Tuesday, August 16, 2011

New Backpack!


HI MOM!

Look I bought a new backpack so I can fit everything I own into it and then I don't have to worry about losing stuff when I move at the end of the month. It's a little bit heavy though so I'm thinking of attaching some wheels on the bottom so I can just push it along.

LOVE,
KAREN

---

So I recently sent that picture with the above message to my mom. And she just sent me a blank email back. So I called her and this is the conversation that resulted:

Mom: (laughing) "Are you crazy?!"

Me: "What..."

Mom: "Why did you buy a backpack that big?"

Me: "It can fit a lot of stuff!"

Mom: "Are you crazy?! How are you going to get it down the stairs?"

Me: "I'll pack it at the bottom of the stairs!"

Mom: "How are you going to put it in the car?!"

Me: "I'll tie it to the top of the car. I have some rope."

Mom: "Are you crazy?! It's going to smash the car!"

Me: "It'll be okay. Cars are strong."

Mom: "I think you should return it and buy a more practical backpack."

Me: "But I like this one! And it can fit so much stuff!"

Mom: "It's going to crush you! How are you going to carry it!"

Me: "Well, I told you, I'm going to buy some wheels and attach it to the bottom and pull it around."

Mom: "People will just see a backpack moving by itself because they can't see you! And you're going to crash into something."

Me: "That's okay. It can fit a lot of stuff."

Mom: "You're crazy! I think you should return it and get a different one."

Me: "But this one can fit so much stuff!"

Mom: "It looks like its for giants! You will look tiny, like Mickey Mouse, very small. Like Tom and Jerry in the cartoons!"

Me: "It's fine, Mom. Don't worry!"

Mom: "I have to take Grandma to physical therapy. Bye!"

Me: "...Oh ok... bye!"