Friday, November 7, 2008

Beaver Fever

I think I just forgot about my blog for a while. Forgive me...

On Oct. 25 we had our own round robin mini-tournament thing on Briggs Field. We had 13 players total but the numbers fluctuated throughout the day so we had about 10 people there at any given time.

We started off playing Harvard. We traded possessions and points throughout the whole game. We worked on vertical stack and we would have a few nice cuts where the disc would flow nicely, but then we'd get close to the end zone and turn it. I think sMITe lost on universe point or something close to that.

Our next game was against Northeastern. We worked on horizontal stack, which I thought looked pretty good after not practicing it for a while. Some of our cutters are looking really good and really fast. It's really exciting to see. :) We lost by a not-so-close score that I don't remember.

Our last game was against Wellesley and their team was probably the closest in skill/experience to us (we both had tons of new players). I think we win by a not-so-close score that again, I don't remember. All in all I think we had a lot of fun and we had some fans that came to cheer us on.

Afterwards we tried to use Andrew, Meri's nephew, to sell discs to the other teams. C'mon, who wouldn't buy a disc from this little guy: