Tuesday, September 13, 2011

In anticipation...

I'm super pumped for Club Sectionals this weekend!! :D And Bryan is coming back on Thursday night! Now only if my shoulder will cooperate, everything will be fine.

I made a horrendous layout on Sunday during practice, hit my head pretty hard, scraped up both my elbows and both my knees, and sprained my right shoulder. I took an injury that point but played for the rest of practice and didn't feel my shoulder until a few hours after practice. By Sunday night I couldn't lift my arm beyond 45 degrees from my body in any direction.

I got my ice pack from Keith's (it had been living there since we moved out of Antrim because I don't have a fridge/freezer at Ashdown, I use my roommate's mini-fridge), cranked down the temperature (sorry for the frozen milk...), and am icing and resting a lot, per our in-house medic Jin's recommendations. I got a shoulder brace from Amazon that's supposed to hold things together and provide additional support. I saw someone at MIT Medical today but he was pretty unhelpful. Hopefully by Sat I'll have enough range of motion to throw mid-distance throws. If you have any other suggestions to make me healthy faster, let me know.

In other news, yay NU football! :)

Oh hey we're about to score :D

And the team sang the fight song with us afterwards!!