Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Underarmour Heat Gear!

Under Armour at Wrentham was having a sale this past weekend so I bought a white longsleeve Heat Gear! It was originally $35 and I got it for $20. They also had black but I figured the white will be cooler even though it'll be harder to keep clean.


Under Armour Heat Gear


I had Hatch practice on Saturday from 12-3pm and on Sunday from 1-4pm (we like to practice during the hottest hours of the day to make us more hardcore), so I figured I had a pretty good comparison between Saturday (no heat gear) and Sunday (heat gear!). But I found out later that Saturday (high of 93 deg, no clouds) was much warmer than Sunday (high of 91 deg, fluffy clouds to block the sun once in a while). Saturday was also at Magazine Beach (right on the river, maybe there was a breeze), and Sunday was in Lexington (more inland?) so maybe location had an effect on my experiment too.

I was kinda worried about trying it on such a freakin' hot day... what if it didn't work and I couldn't stand it, and then I wouldn't be able to get it off and got stuck in it and the whole team laughed at me? Anyway, I was desperate so I put it on in the morning and I didn't feel like it really did anything while I was walking around the apartment.

Four hours later, this is what I decided:
  1. The Heat Gear fabric does wick away sweat so it doesn't collect on your skin.
  2. Because it picks up sweat, your jersey doesn't get sweaty so you feel lighter and not as bogged down by a sweaty jersey.
  3. It works the best when there is some sort of breeze. I think I felt cooler wearing the Heat Gear than I would've felt if I weren't.
  4. Heat Gear is difficult to put on and surprisingly easy to take off afterwards, even if it's drenched in sweat.
  5. Overall, I'd wear it for the next two months because I am dedicated to my goal, but I don't think I would wear it afterwards. We'll see. I also want to try it on a day that's not 91 degrees, maybe 80-85 instead.